Registering an SSV validator
- *If you already have an account on the ssv.network via Metamask, please skip this step. First, connect your wallet to Metamask.
When creating a new account, you are presented with the option of running a validator or becoming an operator.
- *If this is a new account please skip this step* Go to the My Account page and click the + Add button in the top right corner, then click Run Validator.
- Creating a new validator will require you to create a Keystore file from your seed. To create a Keystore file, click the Create Validator button. If you already have your Keystore file, click Import Validator.
- Add the Keystore file, enter its password and click Next.
- Now, select four operators to manage your validator.
- Please note the Yearly Fee for the setup you created before hitting the Next button.
- If you are importing a validator, please read carefully and understand that finalizing the validator import will cause slashing if the validator is still running elsewhere, and confirm that you stopped it from running.
- The next screen presents a summary of your validator setup. (Note: If this is the first time you are registering a validator to ssv.network, you will be required to make two transactions - one to approve the SSV smart contract and another one to register the validator.)
- Now, finalize the validator registration by signing the transaction and adding SSV tokens to your account balance.
- Congratulations! You’re all set!🥳